6 tips for a successful fashion blog
1. Let´s start with some basic division: Fashion bloggers can be so-called "insiders", people working in the fashion industry as journalists, models or designers, or "outsiders" who are dedicated to fashion as consumers. A special category are "aspiring outsiders". They would like to work in this business, mostly as a stylists. The lucky ones, who entered fashion industry this way are for example Kathryn Finney from The Budget Fashionista, or Manolo the Shoe Blogger. Do you know, in which category do you fit? Great, now we can start :)
2. The most used platforms are Wordpress, Blogger and Tumblr. They are extremely user friendly and well-organised. You don´t have to know HTML or CSS language. Writing a new post is easy-peasy and interesting templates are often downloadable for free. If you decide to make your own design, try to google "blog tutorials". Canva Design School is a great page full of tips and hacks.
3. Prepare yourself for financial and time investments. In order to be successful with a fashion blog, its owners must spend hours with creating content, photoshooting and designing theis posts. Approximately one third even work as a full-time blogger. Never trust the myth that all trips and design tweaks of fashion bloggers are provided for free. They often have to cover most of their expenses or receive the just some discount. Sponsors and partnerships with brands come up when you build a good reputation and regular traffic.
4. A good website must have interesting graphics, good-quality photos and catchy language. Be original and don´t be afraid to express your own personality. If you have other hobbies than fashion, write about it as well. It may sound a bit harsh, but by blogging you´re selling yourself. Build up a contact with them through social networks and ask about their opinion. Don´t be afraid of negative criticism, because it always comes with the success. Respond politely and don´t get discouraged.
5. If you're close to the Czech Republic, visit A Cup of Style Academy offering a series of workshops which helps you with setting up a blog. The Academy is organised by two sisters, Nicole and Lucy. They founded one of the most successful blogs on the Czech scene.
6. Learn from the best. You can find inspiration by international stars like Bryan Boy, Rumi Neely from Fashion Toast or Kristina Bazan from Kayture. When browsing scandinavian blogs, check Hanna Steffanson, Ulrikke or Caroline Mode. Remember to follow our FRESHSTYLESTORE blog full of fashion news, outfit´s tips and product reviews.
photo source: hanna.elle.se, aliomi.blogspot.com, bryanboy.com, danielleuniverse.files.wordpress.com, kayture.com